What's New at CBH
Kovar Grant Awards for August 2017
Date:8/22/2017 12:00:00 PM
Written By:Richmond Times-Dispatch
Kovar Corporation is a Virginia Knights of Columbus charity providing financial support to nonprofit organizations that serve people with intellectual disabilities.
In the past year, Kovar awarded 32 grants for a total of $491,000 and awarded two interest-free home loans for a total of $297,500. Organizations throughout the commonwealth of Virginia benefited.
Some of the grant recipients included:
- Special Olympics Virginia,
- $50,000 in support of the 2016 Fall Championships in Virginia Beach and the 2017 Summer Games in Richmond;
- The Arc of Greater Williamsburg,
- $20,000 to provide transportation for its clients;
- Danville-Pittsylvania Community Services,
- $20,000 to purchase furniture for a Day Support Center;
- Colonial Behavioral Health,
- $20,000 to assist in the purchase of several vehicles;
- Heart Havens,
- $20,000 to assist in the purchase of a wheelchair-accessible van, and to replace the flooring in two group homes;
- Little Sisters of St. Francis,
- $20,000 to repair the septic system in a housing unit for eight clients;
- The Next Move Program,
- $18,000 to provide scholarships for its job training program;
- The Arc of Central Virginia,
- $15,000 to purchase a van;
- The Faison Center,
- $10,000 to provide early-intervention services to young children;
- Medical Home Plus,
- $10,000 to provide students assistance with their Individualized Education Programs; and
- The Down Syndrome Association of Greater Richmond,
- $8,490 to purchase furniture, storage units and other items for a new activity and learning center.
For a complete list of recipients, visit www.kovarva.org.